When we think about city travel, Europe has some of the most ancient and modern cities. The most famous among these city travel destinations are:
(1) Rome – The quintessential place to visit in Europe is the city of Rome. The aura of Rome is such that you will be awestruck by every place you visit. Saint Peter’s Square is perhaps the most photographed places in the world and an essential for a European trip. Other must see, in Rome are Saint Peter’s Basilica and the Coliseum. Then there is the world famous Italian food; make sure to eat pizza and other Italian delicacies right at the place they were first made. It is the place for city travel when you want to see the best of both worlds.
(2) Paris – The romantic city where no one wants to miss seeing the world famous Eiffel Tower and the Louvre museum. Paris is also home to some of the best museums and destinations made famous by Dan Brown’s famous novel “Da Vinci Code”. It is a must visit and ranks right up there in the most popular holiday destinations.
(3) Prague – If you like fairy tales and want to see it in real life come to Prague. The gothic architecture means the city looks just out of one of Grimm’s fairy tales. It is also a place for music lovers and to top it is the most affordable destination in Europe.
(4) Venice – No most popular holiday destinations list is complete without adding Venice. The floating city is one of the most sought after holiday destinations of the world. Enjoy a gondola ride through the floating city and visit some awesome theatres for a wide variety of shows. Venice is one of the best places for eating out with so many options on the exquisite Italian cuisine.
(5) London – The city which is not only ancient but also modern. A real nice blend of old cobbled streets of old town and the modernity of the tube metro. With the increasing availability of cheap flights visits to these destinations are within the reach of most people either for a weekend or longer.